I need to start out by saying thank you to all of you who helped us to move into our new home!!! I was a little nervous about moving without being able to lift more than 50 pounds but family and a few friends and some Elders from the ward come through. (Proof that prayer works) So to those of you who took time out of your busy schedules thank you, thank you ,thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Yes, we do now have a new home to enjoy. We are still unpacking boxes and looking for things, but it feels like home. Alina is enjoying all the green growing things around the neighborhood. I forgot how dry Herriman really is until I moved to a greener section of the valley.
The ward is great. We have had lots of people drop by and visit and welcome us into the area. In sacrament meeting today I talked a little about how Alina and I felt like this was where we were supposed to move to. I said I didn't know why exactly we were lead to this particular home but we were happy to be hear. After sacrament meeting one the the members informed me that they had had a special fast for new members to move into the ward. It is interesting how God works to answer two prayers at once. It nice to realize again that God knows us individually and cares about the little things like where we should move.
The job is going great! My new official title (besides physical therapist) is an Electroneurophysiologist. I do nerve testing during pediatric surgeries like spinal cord dethering, scoliosis correction, brain tumors, cochlear implants and all sorts of interesting procedures. My job is to let the surgeon know if he is getting to close to a nerve (like when they are digging around during a brain tumor removal), or if they have compromised the blood supply to the brain or spine so it can be fixed before the surgery is over. It is still a little stressful at times but for the most part I quite like the atmosphere and find it very intellectually stimulating.
The PT aspects of my job have changed as well. I spend my time doing pediatric ortho and working with babies that have torticollos and/or plagiocephaly. I had forgotten how much fun it is to work with kids.
The cat is running around the keyboard so I assume that she wants to say hi as well. I will try to get some new photos up when we can connect the camera to the computer. Cords seem to get lost during moving, funny how that happens. It is getting late so until next time....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Welcome Home. Glad you are loving the new location and the people. I'm sure they are thrilled to have you, especially due to the circumstances they fasted for. You'll be able to celebrate your birthday at the new place. (If you find that cord, you're ahead of us.) congrats.
Craig! Your family is beautiful. I am so happy to know about your blog. Please feel welcome to subscribe to ours. It is so good to meet up with old friends. What a gorgeous boy!
Post a Comment